SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love_design_gw

Opinions wanted... exterior house paint color

love_design
17 years ago

I live in a large 40 year old colonial which has 2 porches and has a cherry-ish stained wood on the front, side and garage doors. It also has a portico over the front door, and a columned porch on one side both of which are trimmed in a light color.

I have narrowed down the color 'family' that I want to paint the outside of my home. For the body, I am seeking a warm color in the yellow, beige and cream group. I may have found a good one with BM Concord Ivory, which on the areas of the house that I have sampled it, looks correct to me. My problem is imagining the whole house painted in that color.... would it be too bold? Is it too gold? Has anyone here used Concord Ivory on their exterior? Does anyone know of a warm yellow/beige color that does not overwhelm on a large house?

For trim, I seek a warm, complementary ivory color and for the shutters I fell in love with BM blue dusk, which I would describe as a mid-tone blue/gray.

I usually am the one that my friends come to for color help, its funny when its your own decision, its much harder...

Thanks in advance!

Comment