OK to use expired cream cheese?
17 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
Related Discussions
Cinnamon Swirl Cream Cheese w/Sour Cream Angel Food Cake
Comments (8)If we can have a sour cream angel cake, why not sour cream & *chocolate* angel cake? Hmm... now that I think of it, that does sound good with the cinnamon swirl. Build it up as with a torte, putting luscious cherries between the layers. Pidge - one of the best things about cooking in VR is that there are no calories, therefore, no weight gain. Thank goodness....See MoreWhat would you do with fat-free cream cheese?
Comments (17)We can't get the fat free here, just the regular and "light" which is the neufchatel cheese. I prefer the light. My mom bought me a container of fat free from the US, and it was HORRIBLE. It was too sweet and it made me gag, it had a strong "fake sour cream" taste - like the sour cream part of the powder they put on sour cream and onion flavoured potato chips. Which of course make me gag too LOL. I can't eat a lot of cheese flavoured snack foods because of that creamy powder taste....See Moreexpired cheese
Comments (14)No.....that date is to taste like a mild whatever it is... And there is a law that prohibits importing cheese made from unpasteurized milk which is younger than a certain age....Aging of cheese increases the acidity and makes it even safer. the difference, mainly, between fresh cheese and aged cheese is time....and moisture content. Cheddar starts out as fresh cheese curds....Blue cheese as cottage cheese...without the added cream, and swiss starts as cheese curds before it's cooked. I don't believe cheese in France "expires"...it is the custom in French homes not to refrigerate cheeses....they sit out under a dome until consumed...getting stronger and more well aged daily. Your cheese is perfectly safe to eat.....it might not have that fresh milk taste,,,it may taste more well aged....but really REALLY...unless it's got red mold, it's safe. Linda C...See MoreLOOKING for: recipe to use up cream cheese and apples
Comments (18)Cloudy, wow, your memory cells are working better than mine. I have NO recollection of that post. Yup, what Nancy said. Just toss those cookies (no, I don't mean throw up) in a food processor, whirl away,and sprinkle. Nancy I saw a Mango-chili vinegar today and I ALMOST put it in my cart for you. Luckily I found an open bottle on the sample shelf. Glad I passed on it. OK I ended up making the cheesecake last night without the apples since I ran out of kitchen energy. Boo hoo. Couldn't get to the 'puter for Linda's recipe, so I borrowed a 1995 Cook's Illustrated one I knew about...whaddya know, pretty much exact same recipe. Except I put in 1/2 tsp Boyajian lemon oil. Almost too much. That stuff is strong enough to epilate hair off my legs. DH the critic said it was very, very good cheesecake. Why don't my pants fit this morning? Still gotta use up those apples, too hot to make apple butter. Grrrr....See More- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Stories

LIFESimple Pleasures: Indulging in Teatime
Get out the china cups and cream-slathered scones. Tea with treats can make even an uneventful day feel extravagant
Full Story
PURPLEEggplant Purple Makes Rooms Rich
Eggplant purple on walls or furniture offers a rewarding payoff: confident, luxurious rooms in homes from traditional to modern
Full Story
KITCHEN STORAGEGet It Done: How to Clean Out the Pantry
Crumbs, dust bunnies and old cocoa, beware — your pantry time is up
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN16 Scrumptious Eat-In Kitchens and What They Want You to Serve
Whether apple-pie cheerful or champagne sophisticated, these eat-in kitchens offer ideas to salivate over
Full Story
HEALTHY HOME12 Ways to Set Up Your Kitchen for Healthy Eating
Making smart food choices is easier when your kitchen is part of your support team
Full Story
FARMHOUSESWorld of Design: See How 9 Families Live and Farm on Their Land
Join us as we visit the homes and farms of passionate food producers and hear about rural life around the globe
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ10 Things People Really Don’t Want in Their Homes
No love lost over fluorescent lights? No shocker there. But some of these other hated items may surprise you
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Your Fridge, Inside and Out
Keep your refrigerator clean and fresh, while you gain storage space and lose those ‘UFOs’
Full Story
MOST POPULARHow to Get Rid of Those Pesky Summer Fruit Flies
Learn what fruit flies are, how to prevent them and how to get rid of them in your home
Full Story
KITCHEN APPLIANCESConsidering a New Kitchen Gadget? Read This First
Save money, time and space by learning to separate the helpers from the hassles
Full Story
artemis_ma