SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Window Grilles: Removeable? Inside Glass?

2LittleFishies
12 years ago

Although our project specifics are up in the air I'm looking at the side door that was on our estimate. It's a single door all glass with 15 grids.

Do you prefer removable grilles or the ones inside? Which is less expensive? Probably the removable ones. I think cleaning it would drive me nuts as we have a swing door into our kitchen like that and the kids fingerprints get all over it. Cleaning each separate square is a real PIA. If you get the internal ones they come flat or contoured. What do you think?

Another option I was considering was the full glass with mini-blinds inside. I guess this would be more $ than above? I wanted the glass door to get light inside and the door leads to our deck. I'm thinking that in winter or times when it's not looking so "beautiful" out there I might like to be able to close the blinds. Do these look yucky to you?

Last option would be a frosted/textured glass but there are times I'd like to see outside. The door we were quoted is a fiberglass door from Thermatru. The woman on the phone informed me you can't screw or nail into them so wanting to get a window treatment wouldn't work with these....

Here is a link that might be useful: Thermatru

Comments (15)