SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momdoc111

Adult kids and Problems

momdoc111
12 years ago

I have an adult daughter whose husband is a looser and is lazy. We lent them ALOT of money over a year ago and they havent paid back a penny. She has come to me many times during the year for money help and I have given it behind my husbands back...I feel a bit obligated at times because for 5 years she has raised my other daughters 2 girls through high school. However, I paid alot during that time to suppliment as well.

I can't express enough what a lazy looser her husband is, but a nice guy..makes it tense and hard...She works so hard herself. She has soooo many problems and is so angry she takes it out on everyone. Not to mention if you dont see things her way she gets very angry. If you say anything about her husband, she get real angry. Heck, all the furniture in their home is from us..He provides nothing..and she accepts that !?

He curses terrible at his kids...its a mess....She can critisize everyone else but can not see herself...I am sooo frustrated with this... I am just besides myself, as we live close and are very close,but I really need to have a heart to heart with her but she wont listen....When I try, she gets up and walks out... She is so lost in life. If he could live on hand outs all his life He would be a happy man...NOW..the girls work and they constantly ask them for money for gas and cigerettes and think nothing of taking the kids money...He thinks it's his money..whatever he can get and not have to work for it is super great to him...He has no pride...The girls are now 18 1/2 and 20 and she still bosses them around and grounds them...The one is in school for Phlabotomy and the other is going into the coast guard..but her own boy 15 is sooo bad and a real sneak but NEVER gets in trouble she always blames it on the girls and they get in trouble never him...then if I stick up for the girls she tells me Im babying them...If they come here to live, she will get mad at all of us...Probably because of the help they give in many ways like cleaning etc... The girls told me toonight that they paid the water bill and bought food..I am livid...It is just always her way and that is the only right way...BUT it is not....She only sees it her way no matter what or how I have tried to say something.. If it didn't involve the girls, I would just leave them alone in their misery..I just don't know what to do... and Ugh Help....

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm