SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmaddog_gw

Immature Adult kids

mrsmaddog
15 years ago

My DH's oldest is 25, recently split with his live-in GF19, and moved into my MIL's house. We almost had him move in with us, but now I am so glad we did not. Our house is already full, and my past experince with my adult SSs living here was not good.They were slobs, and DH felt that since they worked they were exempt from chores, despite their added messes.One SS threw away dishes so he wouldn't have to wash them!I could not ask them to do anything, and they pretended to listen to their father.

In less than one month, MIL is already complaining to DH about my SS. He doesn't pay her rent, and she just loaned him $$$$ to pay off his car. She asks him to do chores, but also expects him to be proactive and do certain chores without being asked.

He works for DH, is supposed to pay his bills and the loan and save money so he can get his own place in the near future. All he wants to do is go out every night, like he's still a teenager. He complains about how tired he is.

At 25, DH was married and had 4 kids, was in the military and worked part-time to feed those kids.Most of our peers were also married and raising families at 25 or younger. We know a lot of 25 yr old "kids" today who act 18.

I know we cannot change an adult, and Grandma should tell my SS this herself and stop complaining to DH.DH in turn complains to me.

BTW-I know my MIL fairly well, and I knew this was going to happen, but that's another story.

Comments (4)

Sponsored