SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yabberu

internet predator

yabber
14 years ago

HI everybody,

Just looking for some ideas here, I'm normally on the stepfamily forum but this is more of a parent issue.

My SD13 loves to go on MSN Messenger and chat to friends. We've allowed it and kept an eye on it, till yesterday she started talking to a stranger, thinking it was Justin Bieber (some famous singing kid). This person asked her for her details like where do you live, what's your number, how old are you, do you have a bf, do you look hot?

I'm so horrified, but at least we have NetNanny as a protection so we got a report straight away and I've reported this person with the dob-in line today as well.

Anyway, my SD is not chatting anymore till we find even better protection which will allow us to customise who she can and can't talk to online.

My question is if anybody here knows of any movies on this subject? My SD13 is still giggling away thinking that maybe, just maybe, it really was Justin Bieber.. I'd like to educate her a bit more on the dangers of online predators, and maybe a movie is a good addition to lots of talking!!:-)

Thanking you in advance for your input,

Yabber

Comments (19)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler