SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gldnfan

calgal - trim and brushing putty follow-up

gldnfan
15 years ago

Hi Calgal - Unfortunately, the brushless putty wasn't quite as successful on the trim. Since we did not have anything to really "fill" since the lines ran vertical. It may have helped a bit. We sanded everything and used the brushing putty on it all, sanded again and then painted. We scrapped the "glass" finish and left brushmarks to help hide the lines. Some are better than others. THe adhesive used to fuse the pieces is harder than the wood and doesn't sand out as smooth so there are places where if you look you can see it. But at least not from across the room.

I am over it - I have too many things to be grateful for to spend anymore time worrying about less than perfect trim ;-) Not to mention there is nothing in the house - so all there is to look at is the trim. Hopefully, the art and furniture I picked out will be far more interesting to look at!

Thanks again for your help. I am going to use the leftover brushing putty on our garage doors. We live in an area with strict zoning and 20 foot side and rear set-backs so we were very restricted adding sq footage. Our old garage was a playroom and our new one will be a family room. THe doors are custom made - the only thing we saved and re-used - to open like barn doors. THey used rough oak plywood and I would prefer a smooth finish. I was going to paint it out rough but now that I have the BP I might as well get my money's worth!

Comments (2)