SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stellamarie_gw

Off-White Slipcovered Sofas

StellaMarie
11 years ago

I didn't want to hijack TheFoxesPad's post on white sofa slipcovers (which by the way, I thought was awesome!).

I know myself well enough to know that I can't "do" white slipcovers -- the daily dirt bothers me and I'm not a good enough housekeeper, I guess, to wash slipcovers weekly. [I have the Ikea Ektorp chair & ottoman and replaced the white chair slip and have a throw over the ottoman!] TFP, I also totally agree that blogland generally seems to make white slipcovered sofas seem to be easy peasy to live with, and I also want to be able to "live" on my sofa (and allow my dogs to do the same!). :)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had experience with off-white/cream or even linen (colored) slipcovers? Obviously you lose the benefit of bleaching them, but for me not being horrified by the state of affairs on a daily basis would be worth it.

Here's what Lauren Liess said in a blog post on a new white sofa -- and I'm wondering if others have had similar experiences?

"If it was in another color other than white (the natural, for example) it would probably be great because even a slight color off from white hides the daily grime....(We have a very light- almost white- 'natural'-colored twill slipcover upstairs and have had it for 5+ years and it still looks amazing. (Also by Restoration Hardware!)"

http://purestylehome.blogspot.com/2013/02/lets-talk-about-my-white-sofa.html

[Or maybe I need to suck it up and go with leather as I already have my "pretty" sofa in another room.]

Comments (2)