SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, March 1 , 2011

luckygardnr
13 years ago

I made this recipe for dinner tonight. OMG! It was so good and DH loved it! The leftover stuffing was enough for a sidedish, instead of potatoes!

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Thighs

Timeless Gourmet

This recipe is enough for four large stuffed thighs. Rinse your fresh boneless skinless chicken thighs and pat dry, or thaw your frozen thighs and set aside while you prepare the stuffing. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Stuffing for Chicken Thighs Recipe:

2 cups toasted small bread cubes

1/2 rib celery, minced

1/2 onion, minced

1/2 carrot, peeled and minced

1/2 stick butter

Chicken stock or water for moistening

1 teaspoon poultry seasoning*, to taste

Salt and pepper

Directions:

Homemade stuffing is easy ��" just take any day old bread (or two, three, four days oldâ¦) and cut into small cubes. Mince your vegetables and saute in a medium sauce pan wth the butter and poultry seasoning until softened, on medium heat. Put breadcrumbs onto a non-stick oven pan and cook in a 350 degree oven for several minutes, shaking the pan occasionally until they are toasted brown. Of course, if you prefer a pre-seasoned bagged stuffing, just follow the package directions and stuff the chicken thighs as described below.

When the bread cubes are nicely golden brown, add to the sauteed vegetable and herb mix, stirring well until bread is coated. Slowly add some stock or water to moisten it, stirring well between additons of the liquid. When the stuffing is moist, allow to sit for a few minutes so that the bread can absorb the moisture and you can more easily tell that it is to the consistency you like. When the stuffing is prepared, taste for salt, pepper and herb seasoning.

Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Thighs:

4 boneless/skinless chicken thighs

4 slices thick bacon

One recipe, prepared of stuffing (above)

Directions to assemble:

Lay a chicken thigh flat on the cutting board, (what would be the skin side down) and place a good sized mound on top, enough so that the sides just meet each other when you fold them over.

Press firmly together and wrap one one piece of bacon around the bundle. I used an all-natural, nitrate and nitrite free bacon with a liquid smoke coating that is available in the regular supermarket now ��" it was superb! Thick cut and with a wonderful aroma and taste, it really helped to make this dish special.

Bake the chicken seam side down on a non-stick high-sided baking sheet at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken thighs.

When done, allow to cool for a few minutes, plate and enjoy - IâÂÂm thinking youâÂÂll want to make them over and over again, adding your own special touches and flavors!

Comments (6)