SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anakasha

18 year old daughter disrespectful

anakasha
15 years ago

I am hoping to get some advice. My daughter who is about 18 and a half thinks she can talk to her father and me any way she seems fit. Its very disrespectful to me and her father. I am at my wits end with her. We pay for everything for her. We pay her insurance and her cell phone bill. We also still provide her with lunch money for school, this is her last year she graduates from high school this year. Her father is telling her that she is going to have to pay for her own insurance and her own cell phone. I am having a hard time with that because I want to help her but I am tired of her talking to us both the way she is talking to us.

My problem is also her father and her fight like crazy, its a constant argument with them two. I feel like i have to be the peace keeper in the house and i am stressed from it. My husband is very stubborn and he doesn't listen well to criticism. I am stuck between them two and I know most of the time he is right and she does need to be more respectful to my husband and me, but now she is threatening to move out if we make her pay for anything.

Any advice would be great.

Comments (6)

Sponsored