SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Hutch - scrapbook paper, 'paint', fabric?

User
14 years ago

I ran across a blog the other day where they used scrapbook paper on the back of their hutch. However their hutch was black and they used pretty black and white paper, white dishes, silver... I really liked it as well as when people paint the back of their hutches.

My hutch isn't what I would've picked style wise but it was my Grammy's and works in the kitchen area. Although not worth much by way of money it's sentimental to me and I can't bring myself to paint it at all. Not at this point anyhow.

Soooo... what do you think of the scrapbook paper idea? I'm not sure even what pattern or color I'd go with as I have a lot going on in the hutch already.

OR

maybe I could paint that large poster board stuff (you know the kind all of us paint goofies buy to sample on), cut to fit and paint that instead of the wood. If don't right I don't know that it would look bad.

One more though, I have left over fabric from when I redid my chairs. It's the gold with red specs. Think I also have some left over of the red stool cushion/valance fabric but that pattern is busy and I'm also not sure how wide my hutch is.

I also really like burlap.

Open to suggestions. I could also leave it alone. :)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)