SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jgirl_2007

Am I doing something wrong? BM Olive Branch looks like crap!

jgirl_2007
16 years ago

I'm attempting to paint a 4000 sq ft house and just began. I'm really just concentrating on one room at a time, beginning with the baths/laundry since tile will begin this week.

Since I ran out of the paint I intended to paint the laundry room, I started DH's office - BM Olive Branch. I really like the color but the 1st coat looks like crap!!!! There a several spots where yellow seems to be poking thru. I just bought the paint and also stirred well so I know that it's not the problem. Will the 2nd coat, which I will do tomorrow, make it look the way it the way it should. I'll never make this endeavor if I have to do 3 coats in every room.

And, any quick fix to a color choice screwup? Chose BM Sapphireberry for kids bath/laundry. I only did one coat today. I'm guessing to paint over with a lighter color, I need to do at least two coats right? Will leave in kids bath as DD likes it but don't think it will look so good in the laundry once everything is complete (cherry stained maple cabs w/Brass Blue granite). Room has tons of natural light - large 5x5 east facing window and single french door.

Comments (4)