SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

Turning a reciept into a gift-- Help!

janjan212
16 years ago

I don't know if I have the right forum for this, but it seemed more logical than the others, so here goes...I hope there are some creative minds here that will help me out!

My husband remembers the day/date of our first date and has commented several times over the years how special that day was/is to him. He's even talked of getting a personalized licence plate with the date on it. (awwwww)

We've been married almost 5 yrs now, going about 8 since that first date. The other day I came across the make-shift memory box I threw together years ago. It was in a drawer I rarely get into and it's been a few years since I looked so I decided to take a little trip down memory lane. Inside I found the "customer copy" of the reciept of when he took me to dinner that first date. He must have slipped it in there way back when and I had forgotten it was there. I ran across it once before and wondered what I could do with it to turn it into something to display. A gift to him. Something for his desk maybe..or night stand. I try to get him something sentimental but after awhile, you just run out of ideas!

Anyway, I swear I asked on one of these boards before but never recall getting any responses (I might be dreaming that though!) So here I am at Christmas and at a loss for the "something sentimental". Any ideas?

It's just a small register receipt, maybe 3" tall...I think it might even be the yellow carbon copy.. I've thought of a simple mat and frame but that's obvious and I was hoping there maybe something more creative...I'm just not very good in that area. I wanted it to be special. I had a friend one time take one of my baby photos and have it etched in metal of some sort, That was so many years ago, but I still have it and look at it fondly and remember him (I havent seen him in about 20 years now, but that gift keeps on giving!)..I wonder if that can be done with the receipt... Hmmmmm

Anyway, any ideas are appreciated! TIA!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored