Paper beads or other jewelry. Anybody do these?

yellowhair

Just wondering. I want to try some.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gramof3

I've made some beautiful paper beads with pages from magazines. The shiney paper works well and the colors are just right, plenty to choose from. Cut the strips in narrow long triangles & wrap starting with the wide side wraping towards the narrow end. White glue on the end works fine. I usually use a tooth pick; gives you a nice sized hole to put your string or cording through.

Save    
yellowhair

Hi Gramof3,

Thanks for the post, and I've been saving some of my old magazines for those great slick pages! So, what do you use to seal them with?

Save    
persiancat_gardener

Yes, I make beads from wallpaper, etc. Also, make collage jewelry from leftovers of crafting (feathers, beads, etc).
I also make leaf pins from paper. Get in touch and I'll share my instructions and patterns.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Lighting 10 Chandeliers for People Who Don't Like Chandeliers
Get all the chandelier benefits without channeling Liberace, thanks to wood, paper, wire — and even a surprising old-fashioned staple
Full Story
Bathroom Design Style Up Your Bathroom Storage
Consider these ideas for attractively displaying your towels, toiletries and other bathroom essentials
Full Story
Life 3 Ways to Get Unstuck — About Organizing, Decorating, Whatever
Break out of the do-nothing rut to accomplish your goals, whether at home or in other parts of your life
Full Story
We have been proudly serving the Washington, Maryland & Virginia areas for over 20 years. Our knowledgeable &... Read More
Our creative project designs and detailed costing budgets, listing many alternatives and options, allow each... Read More