stamping cards?

livvyandbella

I have stamped before. I would like to make packages of cards to give as gifts for the holiday's. How difficult is it to stamp, and where is the best place to get supplies, including blank cards?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gramof3

Use card stock to make you own & save a bundle! 1 piece of card stock makes 2 note cards. Find a rubber stamping store near you & get some really good stuff & some ideas. Then go to Michaels and get stuff to "fill in". Try the net; do a Google search using "rubber stamp" in the subject line. For specific questions, come back here; there are plenty of great folks here happy to help out. Target also sells the "Hot Hues" line of blank note cards that have an embossed frame to them. Plenty of different colors. Stamping ink shows much better on the lighter ones. Go nuts with embellishments: sequins as flower pettals, beads, wire, hole punches, etc. Let us know how you make out.

Save    
livvyandbella

Just reading my message..correction..I have never stamped before. Thank you for your advice, and where to find cards..off to Target to begin. Do you buy your stamping supplies at Michaels? I don't know of a store that just has stamping.

Save    
minnie_tx

Target doesn't have much of anything and certainly no bargains on stamping stuff. Michael's or Hobby Lobby is your bet bet if there is no Stamping store around.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Holidays Luxurious Holiday Table Settings for Less
Pair colorful glasses, gorgeous garden finds and hand-stamped napkins for a holiday table that looks positively rich
Full Story
Houzz Tours My Houzz: Whimsical Chateau in the Pacific Northwest
Collections, heirlooms and antique finds put a quirky, personal stamp on an Oregon home
Full Story
Crafts Simple Pleasures: Crafting for Fun and Relaxation
Recharge the unplugged way during downtime with crafts and building projects, alone or in a group
Full Story