Framing or hanging a long, thin poster

michelle_phxaz

I received a nice drawing print that is on a sheet of parchment-type paper that is about 7 feet long and 6" tall. I know a custom frame would be insanely expensive, I am okay with hanging this with perhaps the little pieces of tacky gummy stuff I used back in college to hang posters, but don't know what products are now out there.

I don't want the gummy stuff to bleed through the print (I remember that unless the poster was glossy the oils would show through) so can someone please recommend a hanging material? Or help me with creating a very simple frame? I do have a circular saw and can create a thin frame, but I don't know how to attach the poster, and it won't have glass on it.

Thank you to all for any ideas!

SaveCommentLike
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Beyond the Dorm Room: Decorate Your Home With Movie Posters
These posters from classic and cult flicks rate an enthusiastic two thumbs up
Full Story
Bedrooms 9 Ways to Dress a Four-Poster Bed
Complete the fairy-tale look or go as modern as you like with canopies, swags, drapes — or nothing at all
Full Story
Decorating Guides 6 Easy Ways to Skillfully Hang Your Art
Get your art out of the box, off the floor or out of the closet — these simple hanging strategies will let you put it where it belongs
Full Story
At Bull Run Kitchen and Bath, we are dedicated to providing professional service and work hard to ensure that our... Read More
With quality custom window treatments and the best window treatment designers in Long Island, we have you and... Read More