SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_macinnis_crozier

Alder Flooring? I need your help!

Liz
12 years ago

I am thinking of putting alder wide plank hardwood flooring on the main floor. I have a rustic hickory one which I really like and we were going to put in. I gave up on the alder because the hickory is harder and wouldn't dent as easily. Today I dropped of the samples back at the store and saw the alder again. I love it! I know it will dent but how bad would it be I wonder. Anyone have any experiences with knotty alder flooring?

I love the Antequera because it blends with island and work great with having to different countertops and cabinets. It also works great with our tile. I can really picture it in our space. If I go hickory I will go with only one countertop because there would be too many colours. If we didn't have kids I would go with Alder in a second. I just love the alder but I know that I wouldn't have to worry about the hickory. The hickory contrasts with my cupboards and the alder blends with island and contrasts with main cabinets.

I would love your opinions. The sales guy said he put in family homes before but I don't listen them unless they are open about the real pros/cons. This is our forever home. Help please.

I attached a link to the alder floor. On the same website there is hickory floor Castillo (only show in the project gallery)

Here is a link that might be useful: Alder Flooring

Comments (5)