Father's Day Card Idea

Red_Confetti

While seaching for chery2's craft at the Martha Stewart Living site, I discovered this cute idea for a Father's Day card... it looks pretty easy... sort of an origami shirt and tie!

It's still early enough to use a scrap piece of paper and give it a try so you'll be ready!

Now who besides Martha has decorative 8½x14" paper around the house! If my math is correct, you can cut some 12" square scrapbooking paper to 7¼x12" or evem standard 8½x11" paper to 6¾x11". It really doesn't matter if the paper is exactly the same size as Martha's or even the same proportions... just use what you have. The shirt may just be in a little different proportions!

Here is a link that might be useful: Folded-Shirt Card

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

that is cute. I think we did one in class years ago. I have a card around somewhere I made for Father's day. a lot less complicated (size wise) I'll have to see if I can dig it up. I'm trying to scan all cards I find or that my kids have saved for me. I haven't found that exploding one yet but I will!!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 15 Well-Designed Father's Day Gifts
Snag a Few Gift Ideas for Dad from Some of Our Favorite Designers
Full Story
Holidays Father's Day Extravaganza! 19 Glorious Man Spaces by Houzzers
Guitars, beer, games and sports memorabilia fill these unabashedly masculine rooms for men of all ages and tastes
Full Story
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: Father’s Day Gifts Under $100
By Houzz
Budget-friendly gifts for every dad in your life to show you care
See Products