Great Artist Site

rosie_ga

Wondering what the rule/law is on printing from a site like this.........If it's a certain age, is it copywrited? Click on artist.....this database is wonderful.

http://gallery.euroweb.hu/index1.html

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lia_SC

Wowwwwwwwwwww! You ain't just whistlin' Dixie! That is phenonmenal! Great way to see some artwork I never even knew existed!

Save    
rosie_ga

Hey Lia.......I see soooo many copies of Mona Lisa now and also Mich....David and Venus......Aren't they OK to use if the artworks are that old and wonder what the cut-off date is like 100 years ago and beyond.

Save    
rosie_ga

Never mind......I have my answer.

Save    
Lia_SC

Hey, would you mind letting me in on it? 'Cause I have never been sure. I always assumed that (unless otherwise stated) the person who published the pictures has a copyright.
With that site, I was *really* unsure, since each picture seemed to be meant for printing. They offered a choice of background --black, greyscale or white. But then, I thought I saw something about purchasing prints....?

Save    
rosie_ga

Did some research last night........when I was looking for pics of Mona there were a million online. It seems each pic (even though copied fromt the original) has it's own copyright. (if the person has it copyrighted) Still confusing. I guess the only way for one to use an old art work would be to go to the Lourve and take your own pic. Guess one could sketch it and use that. I too saw the purchasing prints on this site but there is not one statement about copyright or "all rights reserved."

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Trees Great Design Plant: Sabal Palm Enchants in Balmy Sites
Towering and tolerant, this tree blends in, stands out and happily stars in vacation photos
Full Story
Studios and Workshops 6 Artist's Studios That Model Great Design
Brush up on what makes a successful space for painting, sculpting and woodworking by checking out these inspiring outposts
Full Story
Landscape Design Mysticism and Meaning Meet in an Ohio Artist’s Gardens
Step into landscape scenes rife with symbolism, inspired by math, philosophy and the stars
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever