SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkplatow

SW interior paint - duration vs. cashmere vs. ??

15 years ago

I'm trying to pick a color for my bedroom, and I'd like to have a scrubbable flat paint (as little sheen as possible, as the walls are far from perfect). I've used and been very happy with Duron's velvet flat but the Duron store is a haul from here. I've also used BM's Regal Matte which I thought was totally overrated - it didn't scrub at all and was also nearly impossible to touch up.

I'm dithering between a SW color and an Ace color - if I go with Ace, I'll just give their sensations flat a try, but if I go with the SW, I'm not sure what to pick. I've used their superpaint semigloss before (not scrubbable at all, IMO) and their low-luster cashmere (also not all that scrubbable, and also shows some roller "flashing" in certain lights). We have SW Duration on the exterior of our house and it's been great, but I've never tried their interior duration. I just spent a half hour reading every post about SW Duration on this site and some people say that it is gritty and doesn't go on well. Is this true? I don't think I'd like gritty walls.

I guess I'm wondering if I go with the SW color, should I try the duration or is there another scrubbable flat they offer that's better? Or should I just drive to the duron store and get it made in my tried-and-true velvet flat - somebody told me Duron is on the SW color palette now - anyone know if that's true? I'd rather not have them color match because the last few times I tried that, the colors were just-off-enough from the chip to annoy me. I made a vow to try to stay away from color matching from now on, because I just perseverate over how the color doesn't QUITE match what I wanted. Oy.

Comment (1)