SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi_2006

I need a push from my decorating brain trust....

mimi_2006
16 years ago

I thought I could do this without you guys but I can't! We've been in our house for a year now and I've decided that I love having this chair in my office but I don't want to live with the burgundy colored fabric any longer. I stopped at the upholstery shop and got so confused I left. The rest of my home is warm colors, golds, greens, reds, etc. I had this gray office furniture from DH's office in our previous house and it fits perfectly in this room. So now now I have gray furniture and light gold walls. (They are Sandy Lane, on the lighter end of the paint strip that has Tobacco Road.) I picked up the gold and blue-gray print for the wall hoping to tie them together. The colors seemed good and daisies are my favorite flower, but the picture is negotiable if you think it needs to go.

So what direction do I go with upholstery? This is just my office, not in a main area of the house. As you see I have my red and blue Jeff Gordon stuff on top of my desk...lol. But I'd like to have the chair "go" with the room and be able to clean it up to look good when I want to.

Below is a pic of the room and the wall with the pictures. Below that is a couple of pictures of my hearth room and living room so you can get a feel for my style (or lack of it..lol) I don't know whether to go different for the chair, something fun and crazy, or stick with the greens/golds or just what. Solid? Floral? Tweedy? Stripe?

I need suggestions if you have any ideas! Thanks :-)

Other rooms in the house....

Comments (5)