SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Screened Porch Update: Museum Banner is Here and Up !

User
12 years ago

......at least temporarily. I am updating my screened porch after a backyard/decks/ patio makeover gave us a new color palette for the porch. I finally decided to buy the museum banner for an impressionist exhibit from the Phillips Collection in D.C. that traveled to a museum in Los Angeles (LACMA). The banner arrived and I have sort of jury rigged it until our handy guy comes this week to hang it properly. HandyGuy is also going to put smooth 8" lap hardtoplank siding over the existing pecky cypress that looks so Seventies, particularly the walls paneled on the diagonal.

Anyway, here it is, I just love the colors and enthusiasm of it! The banner is 8ft x 2.5ft and is printed on very heavy duty vinyl, which makes it perfect for a covered porch. It is a detail from Renoir's painting The Luncheon of the Boating Party that I have always loved. About 70 of these were printed and hung on standards in front of the museum to herald the exhibit. They were out in the elements for almost a year and a half, and this one is in very good shape. I bought it at a site that sells banners from museums all over. The link isn't bottom; I don't have any connection with the company, just think their offerings are unique and surprisingly reasonable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Better Wall, website for post-exhibit museum banners

Comments (24)