SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Out w/ the old & In w/ the new? Is it time?

ttodd
13 years ago

We're headed to IKEA tonight to get more curtains. Usually I go by myself but I managed to finagle the whole family into going. I'm going to 'suggest' that we (me) save our money for the Ektorp Sectional sofa. Been kicking it around in my head for almost a year. Our family has grown and I want slipcovers to wash.

I have a hard time w/ this because we already have a sofa of excellent quality but ill of age. I have a very hard time parting w/ furniture unless it's falling apart or of very poor quality.

Our current sofa is 12yrs. + old. I couldn't bring myself to 'ditch' it in lieu of another (just seems so wasteful) but our kids are whacking their little heads on the frame where the stuffing has finally sagged to the side on the arms, the back cushions are like pancakes and it's a dark w/ no slipcovers and lots of kids and pets.

Am I being rash? I could re-stuff the old one myself and I've found a fair amount of tutorials to make my own white slipcovers and in the end use it somewhere else when we move someday. But that would require yet ANOTHER piece of furniture to find space for to store. Space is short on my list and I've been happily purging for over a year now.

We love this sofa and it was the first major purchase DH and I ever made together. We have certainly gotten our money's worth out of it and then some and more.

I thought that tonight we could 'swing by' the sectional where I would suggest 'Why don't we all sit down and check this out?'. I have no problem waiting awhile, while I save my personal money to buy it. I've been socking money away for awhile now to help fulfill my decorating dreams.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals