SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrine822_gw

Newly Painted - Tons of Screw/Nail Pops

katrine822
10 years ago

We just had a portion of our house professionally painted. The master bath with a vaulted ceiling, the two story family room and the two story foyer plus hall/kitchen that runs off of it were all done. We painted all the other rooms ourselves when we moved in two years ago - and this isn't our first rodeo. We paint. A bunch.

This was done two months ago. I have the painter coming back out next week because there are screw/nail pops all over the ceilings that weren't there before. When we contracted with the company I told them I am OCD about screw/nail pops and patching jobs - which is why we contracted this out as I felt the two story areas and the repairs needed on the vaulted ceiling were beyond our skill set. When we paint, we patch one day, maybe two prior to painting and rarely have issues (barring the removal of the neighbors in ground pool with a wrecking ball last spring... grrr.).

Does anyone know why these would appear like this AFTER they painted? The kitchen is the worst - I stopped counting at 20. They used SW ceiling white. Any input would help greatly - especially since they are coming back to fix the issue.

Comments (10)