SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhbaskets_gw

Good things happen to those who are persistent!

nhbaskets
10 years ago

Many of you read my tale of woe concerning the kitchen in our new construction home. The developer wanted us to use his cabinetmaker. After dealing with him for over a month and getting no where, we finally told the developer that we would not work with him. You can read the whole story in the link below.

The other two options that we had looked at for our kitchen was a cabinetmaker that was recommended by a fellow GW'er or to use the KD we had for our current kitchen. Again, the builder was difficult and would not work with us for using the cabinetmaker. So, after an extremely stressful weekend we finally have mutually agreed upon using my original KD. She has done one kitchen in the development we are building in so the developer felt comfortable with her.

While I will not be getting my inset cabinets, but rather full overlay, I'm thrilled to again be working with my KD and her crew. Cabinets are being ordered today and we should be able to keep to our timeline of a mid-May move in. Our KD surprised us today with throwing in a free vanity cabinet that she had coming to her. I'm now happy to be able to concentrate on the fun things of building a house after so much drama.

Thank you to all those here who provided their opinion, wisdom and encouragement. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful community. Love you all!

Carole

P.S. I'll be sure to post pictures as things progress.

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous thread

Comments (22)