SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pupwhipped

Help-hubby painting beadboard.....

pupwhipped
15 years ago

and he's never really painted much before, although he thinks he can do anything. I can barely tie my own shoe, so I'm no help. My question is what prep should we do and what paint should we use? I have chosen SW Prairie Grass for the color. This beadboard is in a small bedroom in a 1952 far from perfect lake cottage. Board runs floor to ceiling and we got it from Lowe's. It is the tongue and groove kind, not the panels. We did not do anything to it before it was put up like prime it or anything. It has been up on the walls since last summer. What sheen would you suggest? SW guy mentioned the Cashmere line. I've never been a big fan of "shiny" but want to make this beadboard look right. I assume flat paint on the ceiling...it has a little bit of orange peel finish. What sheen would you suggest for the trim? I'm leaning towards the Alabaster color for the trim.

FWIW, SW dude said prime the walls then use some sand paper to "neatin" it up, then two coats of paint. Hmmmm, I'm not seeing hubby being too neat on any of this.

Thanks for any thoughts on my beadboard!

pupwhipped

Comments (6)