SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matdrew

kitchen cabinet painting ? paint help , just plain help :0

matdrew
9 years ago

hi I hate hate hate hate my cherry stained cabinets. I don't have the budget for a whole kitchen redo so I was thinking that we would paint the cabinets, maybe ordering new door fronts . our appliances are new except we need to replace a broken over the range microwave with a hood hopefully.. we could do new counters and backsplash if the kitchen cabinet paint came out great.

we are looking for any help regarding resources- paint to use, kitchen cabinet door companies-color choices and places to look for modern backsplash. and maybe a NJ stone place we are thinking quartz( I was against it as I always thought granite was the way to go, but I am coming around)

Also tips on how to paint the cabinets, I could gogle this but maybe if someone had some thing they learned the hard way or anything helpful it would help.

Also we are lost on what color to paint them. My house is mostly all mesa verde tan from BM ( like below) same ceiling paint too

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mesa+verde+tan&qpvt=mesa+verde+tan&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=4361589BFC2E43F7E811BC8749B1778C34553540&selectedIndex=0

So I have not a clue what colors would look good. hubby wanted gray but I don't think that "goes" however again I stink at this. I was thinking white maybe just because anything else is just out of my creativity range, white is easy right? well I don't now if a white kitchen will look right with my off white ceiling etc. Also white might be easy to get dirty and I have 4 messy kids.

I did see a blue on bottom white on top pic here of a kitchen that looked good but can no longer find it. I always think even if I did find it ,how could I find the exact blue my hubby is colorblind and I am just bad a this.

we are going for a modern look but warm .I can put pics up later as well.what I would love is someone to choose counter /backsplash and paint colors for me but I take what you guys will graciously help me with.

signed lost
project postponed for years due to uncreatively

hopefully to get started because I remembered you guys are awesome :)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals