SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jiggreen

Desperately seeking curb appeal! Help w/ paint color

jiggreen
13 years ago

Hi! We have removed some much overgrown shrubbery in the front of our home and are now left with basically a blank slate. We are on a fairly busy road, so I do not want to paint the house a light color (too much road grime!)...I'm torn between a colonial blue or barn red..but am open to suggestions! We will be redoing the roof next year and I'm leaning towards dark charcoal colored asphalt, but hubby is thinking metal (I like the idea of metal, but I also am concerned about our budget!) We will also be fixing the porch at the same time (the hip roof looks wonky to me, almost like it's sagging, but it's actually not..it's the way they laid the roof shingles...they did a bad, bad job) The porch floorboards are soft so we will be replacing those as well as the railings that we removed. I would like to add a stone wall and landscaping to the front...that little hill slopes down to the road and there is no shoulder there...it's pretty treacherous to mow! Most of the projects will have to wait until next year..either for budgetary concerns or good weather! For now though, I need to do something so I don't cringe everytime I see the front of the house! Ideas please!

I really, really like the color of this house, as well as the crisp white trim.

The thing that concerns me about really accenting the window trim is that we have one window that doesn't match (I'll let you all figure it out!) ..and also because the house was added onto, the span between the windows is a little off...there is more space between the center window and the 2nd window on right than there is between center window and 2nd window on left.

Please help!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus