SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchendreaming_gw

new layout for an old kitchen...Critics please...

kitchendreaming
13 years ago

hi, finally! We found a layout that we are happy about. Please criticize. We realize that even not perfect, there are things we like about it. We are back to a U kitchen, but have "killed" the corners:

This U layout gives us more

counter space than a galley kitchen, and allows us to have drawers. Even if the corners are not good for cooking, we can set the coffee machine or the ingredients there while we cook. The upper cabinet on the right will not be easily accessible, but the one on the left will, and will be larger than if we had a galley kitchen. The refrigerator might be 30x30", recessed. Uppers will be 15" deep, and this dimension should include the doors. Please let us know if you think something is really wrong. We realize the refrigerator will be too close to the sink, but so be it, we have to put it somewhere. Also, downloading the DW might take several motions as we first set things on the counter, close the DW and then put them in the cabinets. This will be new to us but I think we can live with it. Do I need glass doors above the over-the-range MW to compensate for the window (I read this somewhere). We no longer have symmetry on both sides of the side window... Anything else that jumps at you and makes you want to scream "do not do it!" ????

Thank you!

Comments (9)