SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessyf_gw

I Dared to Do Denver, to meet Lee & dlynn

jessyf
13 years ago

Since DS#1 is in college hunting mode, I flew the two of us out to Denver to check out one of the schools. Airfares were reasonable and really liked this one as a fit for my kid.

So....after a few emails back and forth...I had a lovely three hours with Lee and dlynn Friday night! I met Max, Lee's hubby, I had heard so much about him and finally got to see him in the flesh (I had met Lee years ago at Paney and Philo Phun Camp). Dlynn, who I haven't met before but we talk LOTS on the phone and email - has a lovely family, her husband and her kids are great - two boys - we talked opera since they are into theater and singing. It wasn't nice of me to say that when Domingo conducts at the LA Opera , we can almost reach out and touch him since our (weeknight) seats are center, second row.

It took Lee TWO HOURS to get to the restaurant and I thanked her profusely for making the trek. I think Max made a similar trek, and I know dlynn's family came from far away. Friday night is not a good time to be driving in any city, for all of them. I had asked them to pick a place close to campus since I was dropping off my kid at an evening Sabbath program put on by the campus Jewish 'Hillel' organization, and he may have been done before we were - I could, and did, jump over to get him.

I brought two bags of trader joes stuff for them since they don't have one; I took as much as I could fit in our carry-ons because I knew travel to me would be a bear. . I included, for their dogs, a dog chew made out of.....bull (pizzle). I offered to pose for the picture with it but that was too much, even for me, LOL. Dlynn will post pix later, Lee's keyboard is fried so she'll have to get back to us as well.

I've said before that I would send my kid out of state only to places where there are CF 'Aunties' or 'Uncles', and Denver is definitely on the list, with dlynn and Lee available I feel safe! Hmmmm what city is next....grin...

Here are pix of dinner and gift exchanges - an Indian restaurant, and it was reaaaaalllyyy yummy, but dark!

Here we are - I'm in red, Lee is seated next to me, dlynn standing behind:

Of course, the food. Um, Indian food....looks all alike when its in the bowls. We couldn't tell the eggplant from the Lamb saag, but it was allllll yummy!

Rice, and I think thats a chicken and lamb dish

Chicken Tikka Masala -

This is my plate with a little of everything

Dessert! This is one of them, it is a saffron ice cream with pistachios? and I think a mango sauce

Gifts - Lee brought some chocolate goodies made here in Denver:

Dlynn also gave me some local goodies: Two Denver Rams t-shirts for my boys, a music CD from a local artist, TOFFEE omg om nom nom, local cheese and crackers (I was terrified they'd smell and steal it from me at security, they didn't!), and she shared a bag of local mushrooms with me and Lee - they made it home, and they will be dinner tonight! I love shrooms! And of course, I love reusable shopping bags.

Almost forgot, since I was not allowed to take a posed picture with the dog chew toy, we got one with dlynn and the mushroom 'antlers'

Lee, Max, and dlynn/family: thanks again from THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART for taking the time and traffic h3ll to meet up with me. I really really appreciate it and I will gladly welcome you to Los Angeles when you have a chance to visit (that goes for most of the CFers as well!)

Comments (24)