SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
intherain_gw

What do you do when you are OVERWHELMED?

intherain
19 years ago

Yes, I admit to feeling more than "a bit" overwhelmed today when I realized how many days are left until Christmas! I am feeling the tug not only at home, but with my job, too. (I am a preschool teacher and we do extra projects and a performance in December.) I found myself starting to resort to my old ways....falling apart, yelling at the kids, etc. And then I stopped myself and thought of this forum and Flylady. Okay, I told myself, you know that no matter how overwhelmed you are, you can still pull yourself together and get projects done. I've fallen so behind with my routines, which is the biggest problem. I've abandoned my rule of "15 minutes worth of messies" and now it will take me longer to get our house back together. We have piles. Remember those???

So I am taking a deep breath and going the baby-steps route. Nothing will be perfect (ha! far from it!) and I will just have to live with the piles for awhile until I can get to them. But I will somehow have to tackle these things a bit each day and try very hard not to feel overwhelmed. After all, this is the month I want to ENJOY with my family.

No matter how behind I'm getting, I still take time for my family and for myself. For example, even though I had to get a ton of stuff done, we threw the kids in the van and we went out to look at Christmas lights. We had fun, we sang. And I faced the mess when we returned. :) I still took time to go to my sister's house and visit her newborn baby. I even made a nice meatloaf dinner! See, I'm trying!!

Anyone else feeling overwhelmed right now? What are you doing to keep yourself from going crazy?

Sheryl

Comments (13)