SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

DH got paid and said - go buy yourself something dear

User
16 years ago

Really? Not food, something for yourself.

What a sweetheart. Bless.

So I went shopping today. Been watching the Sears sale and noticed the Lagostina cookware is on sale - I really want to get rid of teflon - absolutely sick of continually replacing the stuffs that probably contributing to future cancer....I really really wanted to get some super heavy duty, lifetime stainless steel pots - but they're too expensive.

So I'm looking at Sears - the set is half price, under $300. Couldn't decide so I went for a stroll and wound up in the patio furniture section. We need new patio chairs. I don't want plastic anymore - fell through one of our last big plastic chairs last summer and so did DH which ended the set. I'm looking at the lovely sets I can't afford (doing more spring home renos). Well, Sears has last years floor models on sale for 50% or better off. I purchased 4 metal framed chairs - with thick cushions - for a total of $170 with delivery. Scoop!

Head into Loblaws to get a few groceries and milk - they just marked down a wack of ribs, pork chops and chicken souvlaki for 50% off - scoop. Spent $45 on meat and saved $45 on meat. It's all resting in our freezer now!

So I'm still thinking about that cookware. A specialty store called Bentleys is selling Italian Vision Select at 66% off. Higher quality and much heavier than any of the stainless steel sets at Sears. I purchased one large, deep covered skillet for $45 from $149 - scoop! Could not take any more stuff home on the bus. Called DH and told him what I got - I was sooooooo excited about waiting for the price drops and actually finding them - he was very pleased about the savings on the items we actually needed and have waited for. I asked if I could go back and get the rest of the pots to make a full set - he said go for it...so I did. I now have my new 18/10 stainless steel cookware for a total of $170 instead of $500. I'm tickled pink with everything. So is DH. After all is said and done, DH wanted to know what I got MYSELF. I don't need anything. Super happy with the tremendous savings. These sales will probably wind up by the end of Feb before the new stuff/spring stuff fills the shelves so it's probably a great weekend for bargain shopping.

And the added bonus is I need much less heat to cook because of the better quality cookware. And it cleans great!!!!

Lalalalalalalalalalallaaaaaaaaaaaa.

So good day all in all! So gals, get shopping for those items you've been waiting for a sale on!

Tomorrow I'm rearranging the storage in the kitchen for my new pots!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths