SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alex9179_gw

Using Ebay to buy appliances-something weird is going on.

alex9179
11 years ago

Hi all! I realize this isn't an Ebay forum, but I can't seem to connect to theirs to ask my question.

I won bids on two appliances right before Christmas. One made me very nervous because it's quite a bit of money and it's a wall oven. I've never bought anything like that on Ebay. So far that transaction seems to be fine. I was able to pay via PayPal and I have an estimated arrival date.

The second was for a Breville toaster oven. It's part of my "poor man's" version of double ovens, LOL! This one is weird. I wasn't able to complete the transaction because the seller's PayPal account "can't accept my payment". I sent two messages about the issue before the seller responded with,

"sorry my paypal limit I will create one new item for you, you will add the card and buy it help me ok?"

I don't really understand what this means. I clicked "pay now" and I'm still getting the same message about not accepting my payment. I sent the seller another message about it. I think this person wants to circumvent Ebay, which I won't do.
Should I ask to cancel the transaction if the account remains inaccessible? Is that OK to do, or does it reflect poorly on my feedback?

I just should have gone to BB&B with my coupon! :)

Comments (12)