SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

And, We're OFF!

runninginplace
19 years ago

To the holiday races, that is. This long weekend started with Thanksgiving dinner, which I ended up hosting for my family-there were 14 of us. As the oldest sister of a motherless clan, I'm gradually turning into the one at whose house everyone gathers. We had a skirmish in an ongoing family issue about that, but it all worked out and a good time was had by all. Well, except for the folks who had to wash the dishes! But it was a great gathering.

On Friday I only had one bit of shopping to do but got it done and got the bargains I wanted-a stock of holiday cards and a couple of new ornaments in my theme (tropical). We did get our Christmas tree-hurray. My daughter picked it out and it's a beauty. Isn't drinking much water though so I hope it doesn't dry out too quickly. We got the tree up in the LR, and all the boxes of ornaments and holiday supplies set up ready to be put out.

Yesterday my daughter and I decorated the tree, including putting up all the lights. Usually that's my husband's task but he was not home most of the day and we just couldn't wait. Last evening my niece came for her usual Saturday night visit (while my sister and BIL had date night) and she helped her cousin put out most of the household decorations, like candles, the creche set etc. So that is almost finished.

I also got some shopping done yesterday, including gifts for 2 of my hardest to buy for relatives-father's wife and SIL. Each is getting a set of Bath and Body Works lotion/shower products in a basket. I didn't buy the premade basket sets, so expensive. I'm going get some bargain baskets and put my own together and they should be very nice. I also dragged out my boxes of gifts already purchased so today's task, after the grocery run, is to start wrapping! I want some gifts to place under my beautiful tree.

In addition to shopping I figured out a couple of online items I want to order, so I can do that today too.

All in all, a weekend with a lot accomplished.

Ann

Comments (10)