SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnibel7

And We're Off!

11 years ago

The 2013 growing season has officially started in my house! Coincidental with our first snow are the first sprouted seeds of the year- artichokes! With the mild winter I don't have quite the same cabin fever I usually have at this time. But still I get a warm fuzzy feeling looking at the little green cotyledons glowing in their first taste of morning sun. My little Buddha statue prays serenely behind them. It is good. After coffee, they will go under the lights dor the serious business of photosynthesis. First we relax here together.

There are two more sets of artichokes germinating nearby, and one flat of 276 leeks, to be joined by another today. Then to start a small amount of a different type of leeks, and the onions for storage. Then there is a little break until we roll into February. In it's way, this is the best time of year!

PS this is my fist attempt to include a picture, since it seems GW now supports uploading one from my iPad. Ok, the preview shows it upside down... Interesting. Also doesn't seem to give me achoice about removing or editing. Ah well. And now it doesn't show up... One last try here...

This post was edited by sunnibel7 on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 9:57

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES