SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fnzzy

I'm having panic issues

fnzzy
16 years ago

We're nearing the end - my guys told me that they expect to be done the interior by the end of the week next. I think that's pushing it, there seems to be so much still, but ok..say they do get finished. The timeline for next week goes like this:

Cabinets come monday and install will be mon/tuesday Granite gets templated wed and installed - who knows. Wood island comes who knows. Paint gets finished. Appliances get delivered and installed. Lighting gets installed. All of these things I have only seen in small bits and pieces or ordered from pictures, and because I haven't copied any one kitchen it's all so unknown.

What if it all looks like CRAP when it goes together? In my head it looks a certain way, (totally fabulous, natch) but what if when all is said and done it doesn't look like what I'm seeing in my head??? I am having this panic because up until now I could live in the fantasy kitchen in my head, and while the work continues I could know that the finished product was far off, but now the reality is coming and what if I've messed up?

Please tell me this is normal and that everyone worries.

Comments (15)