SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommabird_gw

Small chest/dressers in dining and living rooms

mommabird
11 years ago

I have two small dressers I got at antique stores. One is about 3' wider, cherry finish, from the 1930's with 4 drawers. I have it in the living room beside the front door. The top drawer is where I store extension cords and candles. The other 3 drawers have board games. The top is the "drop it here" space everyone needs by a door! Wallets, keys, etc get stored there.

In my dining room I have a very small dresser that's only about 18 inches wide. It fits perfectly in a little "nook" between the doorway from the kitchen & the doorway into the living room. It has 5 drawers. The bottom drawer has the phone book. The other 4 drawers have school supplies (paper, notebooks, pens, calculator, stapler, etc).

I find these pieces of bedroom furniture fit exactly what I need in these two rooms. They even look really cute and "unexpected" in these rooms.

I will try to get pictures and upload them tomorrow. My camera's flash isn't great, so pictures come out better during the day.

I just wanted to share this tip - try putting furniture in non-traditional places.

Comments (8)