SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri127_gw

Continuing shade saga! (pic heavy)

cheri127
12 years ago

So, as you know, I thought I found the perfect shade but not so. The light was too cold for me and because of the wide drum shape, the entire lightbulb was visible when sitting on the sofa. Not only did it look bad, but it was very distracting. I was hoping to find a rectangle bell shade (it flares at the bottom) that would work but no one has them in stock and if you have them ordered, you can't return them. I ended up with these instead. I like the color but think a more textured silk would have been better. And I'm not sure if these are just a little too clean/modern looking for the room. The folks at the lighting store are going to think I'm a complete knucklehead if I make another return. I really didn't want a traditional shade and though I really loved the way the drum looked, I'm beginning to think I should stick to something more traditional. I posted pics of the whole room and would appreciate any feedback as to whether these work. Thanks so much.

Oh and one other thing. The woman at the store liked the shade with a smaller harp even though it covers the figures top knot. Which height do you think looks better?

8" harp

9" harp

The rest of the room (it's still a work in progress)

(ignore the blue chair; it's still waiting to be recovered)

Comments (11)