SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigdonk_gw

DIY Closet project

bigdonk
14 years ago

I want to surprise my wife by giving her a walk in closet. The previous owner of this house had a secret panic room off the master bath. Kinda weird if you ask me. However, it is fairly large and I want to convert it into a closet for my wife for Christmas. Since it has a secret door right now, I will be able to hide it until almost being completely done.

Floor dimensions are 13.5'L x 10.5'W with a 6' ceiling that is 24" wide of 6' in the center and then slopes down to about 40" from the floor at the full width of 10.5' on both sides.

There would be room to add drawers or shelves past the 10.5'W on the bottom because the slant obviously keeps going and I could recess if needed as well.

The doorway will be in the dead center of the room about 28" wide.

I thought I could actually get 2 bars on each side, but then it would be harder to see the back row and I really have no clue on anything about closets and imagine she will want shelf space for shoes and what not so...

I just need someone creative or experience in closet design to help me maximize the space. The more I can get out of it the happier she will be. The sloped ceiling is the biggest reason I need the help.

I appreciate any and all help in this.

Thanks,

Don

Comments (22)