SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bri29_gw

I knew it wouldn't work, but....

bri29
14 years ago

My dh was so enamored with the cooking video that I had to try it. "It" being a mixed vegetable frittata. Oh, did I mention that it was cooked in the microwave? Yeah, you're probably thinking the same exact thing I was, "This isn't going to end well." But it was presented by a CIA chef, what could go wrong? If you answered "a lot," you get a gold star!

The recipe went together ok, although it did have quite a bit of chopping to get things the same size etc. And for something supposed to be convenient, I dirtied almost as many dishes as I would have if I'd made the frittata normally! However, I was actually impressed when it puffed up to the top of the pan during cooking. Then came the inevitable deflation of both the frittata and my hopes.

Out of solidarity, we each had a bite, but that was about all we could handle. I feel like a heel for throwing away this much food, but I can't imagine feeding it to anyone. I wonder how much they paid this chef to do this video. If I were a professional chef, you couldn't pay me enough to put my name anywhere near this dish!

I figured you all would get a chuckle out of this at the very least. Then it will all be worth it. Or that's what I'm going to tell myself...

Bri

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH