SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dahoov2

What type of company or should I DIY closet organizers?

dahoov2
9 years ago

Hi, I'm adding an addition to the house and the top floor will be a nice master closet. I have some questions. I can't seem to find pricing on say Closet Factory. What I found was someone who put down a 7500 DEPOSIT. No way do I want to spend that kind of money. I was thinking under $3k if I can help it. I was wondering people's experiences with various companies, or since everything I want seems "easy" to build, perhaps we should attempt our own?

Here's what I am designing:

double hanging racks (with pull down rods) when you walk in, on both sides. One for him and one for her. Or maybe he gets top rack on one side and I get the rest ;). So 24' of hanging space all total with 3' wide area to stand in (closet is 7' wide). Then on the right wall I'll have a window 3' wide but 2' high and under it to the floor I want a shoe rack. So 4' high x3' wide. Ditto on another wall in the back. So two shoe racks (I'm thinking 42-48 pairs of shoes held). On the left side of the right wall shoe rack, I'm thinking of putting a pull out tire rack and belt rack (say 12"). that leaves 2' for my jewelry armoir on that right wall. On the back wall I want just drawers and/or cubbys and/or shelving all along the wall (it's about 11'). In the back (it's an L shaped closet) I'll have long hanging stuff (maybe 2' I only have half a dozen items and a long coat). the rest will be just box storage on that L.

I don't see anything complicated except if I put drawers in.... and the pull out tie rack/belt rack. I want the double rods to have a pull down rod too. Should I attempt to built all this myself or pay someone? If paying, who???? Who's decent but not too expensive? I saw some sites online but there was no configuration options for an "L" shaped closet. Thanks.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz