SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cbarkston

Newby needs help choosing trim color

cbarkston
12 years ago

New to this forum---I'm fascinated with your paint color discussions and know you will have opinions that can help me. So: DH and I are building a new home---builder has a "Design Center" where "Personal Choices" are made. Went there last week---had 3 hours to make literally a hundred design decisions, including upgrades and $ to be spent. Near the end, I was honestly feeling sick and confused---some folks spend weeks deciding on just one paint color! And of course now, I'm second guessing and changing my mind and having regrets. Not too late to make changes though, so here we go with the first one. Sorry--I don't have photos but here goes: Home is going to be something like "NW Lodge" style---warm colors, more rustic-type, decor oil rubbed bronze lighting and hardware, Santa Cecilia granite in kitchen, Maple Sedona Merillat cabinets. Get to choose one color paint for entire house. Chose SW Latte. Question is--what color trim and interior doors? We chose SW Softer Tan. Too dark for this style? Would SW Divine White be too light and too formal for this type of house? I'm anticipating your responses!!

Comments (6)