SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

But I was all set to declutter the soup tureen!

talley_sue_nyc
9 years ago

I was given a soup tureen at my bridal shower. It's not quite my style; a little too country, not sophisticated enough. But it's not screamingly so.

However, I only used it twice. Once for spiked eggnog at a party (it was annoying bcs the lid was in the way) and once when my DD made soup at the age of 10.

I do make a butternut squash soup at Thanksgiving, but I put it in the crockpot in order to keep it hot on the buffet (since I serve buffet-style, or else on two tables), and bcs I'm just not into pouring a heavy load of soup into a tureen.

So in the latest round of "releasing," I decided to lighten up the china cabinet (wall unit, really). (I said, "I never use this, and if I decided I needed one, I could get one more my style.")

I felt really good about it. A little smug, even. And certainly freer and lighter.

Then...

We're having friends over, and they're vegetarian. One of my options was to serve a lentil soup. Someone suggesting putting it in a tureen to fancy it up.

I also ran into a bunch of interesting soups in the course of researching meals. Carrot ginger soup; etc.

The stuff to go to the thrift shop is still in the corner of the living room (The morning of the dinner is the first day that works to take it there, plus it's been inspiring me to add to it). I could dig that tureen out.

What should I do?

Comments (28)