SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethpen

Master bedroom ideas...I need input please

Bethpen
12 years ago

Hi,

DH and I are hoping to make a little headway with our Master Bedroom this month. We finished the master bath last year.

Up until now, we have just had leftover furniture from our parents and friends, except for our bed.

This is a photo of it from Houzz, and one when it was in our guest room during the renovation.

traditional bedroom design by boston interior designer Meredith L. Bohn Interior Design

The bedroom is kind of odd. When we built, the contractors made it into a cathedral ceiling, and I feel like the room isn't big enough to carry off the high ceilings. It always feels like a McDonald's Happy Meal box to me..

This is the view from where the bed will sit.

This is the wall where we have the bed.

The front wall

This wall leads into the bathroom and closet.

All walls have been painted Edgecomb gray and the ceiling is revere pewter. The trim is dove white. The floors have been refinished

I will be having this fabric made into drapes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57698707@N02/5691203875/

I've been looking at furniture and trying to figure out what to put across from the bed on that long, high wall. So far DH and I both really liked the Berhnardt Vintage Patina collection. I was thinking this dresser, which would have a TV on it, or hung above. The dresser is long, which I think we need here.

I'm thinking this Bachelor Chest as night tables

There is also another smaller chest that could go on the front wall by the window.

What do you all think? Will it be too much of the same for dressers? Is there a style of bedside table you think might go with the dressers? My plan would be to keep bedding light as well as some sort of lighter area rugs. I'd like to find one or two comfy chairs for over by the bathroom door, with a table for reading.

Here's a quick shot of the bathroom.

Thanks!

Beth P.

Comments (4)