SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_bochonko

need ideas for hanging window treatments

Kathy Bochonko
16 years ago

Hi I am new to this forum and have been impressed with the ideas and generosity of help from those who frequent here. I am redoing my family room and am trying to decide on how I want to hang the silk panels I plan to make. I have posted a description of what I am doing with the room, in a different post regarding paint color (SW Bagel is what I am considering) but I am also trying to decide if I want to make 2 panels for the outside of the windows only, or if I want to make 4 and place them between the windows as well or if that may be too busy with the sectional in front of the windows and the woven wood blinds already there. I was considering just the two panels hung from some sort of finials or knob type things, but can not find any pictures of this look. does anyone have any photos of this? I am open to other suggestions as well. I am trying not to look too formal, but I did love the photo canobeans posted of her dining room drapes. and I realize silk drapes are going to be somewhat formal. I am including some pictures and a link to an album with more. Ignore the strange furniture arrangement and the mess. I was trying to recreate the footprint of the new sectional.

Here is the window-- I want to bring the eye down and will not be putting any fabric on the upper windows.

Here is a picture that shows more of the room. The upholstered furniture is all going.

here is a link to an album with more pictures if it helps, I have included pictures of my fabrics, the tiny sliver is the sectional fabric, the stripes are the silk for the drapes, the others are pillow fabrics.

Family Room Redecorating

I would love any ideas anyone has for the windows, or anything really.

Comments (6)