SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maureen_me

My pizzelles have pizzazz!

maureen_me
14 years ago

Well, maybe not, but they're pretty cute, and pretty easy once you get the knack of how much batter to use and how long to bake them. I thought they'd be a lot trickier, considering how intricate they look, so I'm pleased.

Here's my question. In the past when I've wanted little cookie-type bowls for ice cream or mousse, I've made tuiles and shaped them around a custard cup. I was inspired by Lorijean's bowls and cones and Lou's cannoli shells to try doing this with pizzelles. The thing with tuiles is, you can make the individual cookie as large or as small as you want it. With pizzelles, you're limited to the size of the mold. The molds in the Cuisinart maker I bought are smaller than I expected them to be, around four inches in diameter. Is there a model out there with larger molds, say, at least six inches or bigger? I don't think I want an iron--too intimidating--just an electric gizmo like the one I have.

I'm tempted to say I'm pizzled, but I don't want to pizz anyone off.

OK, that's enough. If I don't cut it out, no one will take my question seriously.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio