SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tripletmom83

Too many products too many choices

tripletmom83
10 years ago

Did you ever stop and count the number of grooming and beauty products you use? In a typical morning I use:
face wash
hand wash
bar soap
shampoo
conditioner
hair serum
hair mouse
toothpaste
floss
mouthwash
shaving gel
deodorant
body lotion
foot powder/or lotion
face cream
foundation
blush
powder
eyeshadow
eyeliner
mascara
lipstick

And that's the daily stuff, add to that the occasional:

hair coloring
tooth whitening strips
nail polish/ base coat/top coat
nail polish remover
cuticle cream
hand lotion

I know there are many more, and of course I have multiples of most of those products. It is not surprising though. In fact I'm surprised I don't use more products after my last visit to Ulta to buy some face cream or moisturizer. How many products are out there, and how could I possibly know which one to buy? Even if you could narrow it down to your single favorite brand (and then how could you know it was your favorite if you haven't tried the others?) There are so many different lines within each brand. It made my head spin. And that was just in the lower cost aisle. Start talking high end, prestige products and you have a real dilemma. You don't want to make a mistake when you're spending upwards of $50.00 for a couple of ounces of face cream.
Sorry,I went off on a bit of a rant there.
I admit I'm a bit of a girly girl and I like all this stuff.But DH has got his share of products too. In fact he has more hair products than I do.
I'm not sure I'm willing to do without many of these, so I guess the best I can hope for is to keep them all organized.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!