SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz

source for double-swing doors?

Help, I've designed my new "old house" to have a couple of sets of double-swinging doors. (NOT, bi-fold doors. I want matching pairs of doors that swing 180 degree in/out like the ones I remember being in my great, great grandmother's house back when I was a kid. It never occured to me that finding hardware and/or explaining to my builder just what I want would turn out to be a problem.

Can anybody tell me where to find the hardware I need... or maybe what terms I need to be searching for. Also, if there is somewhere I can find that explains (preferably with drawings) how the doors need to be framed etc. My builder is trying to tell me that there IS no such thing except for very heavy duty commercial doors (for kitchens).

I remember the doors quite clearly. Each side was about 14" or 18" wide with stained glass panels at the top making a door that, when closed looked a lot like some of the fancier bi-fold doors. I figure a bi-fold door can be re-vamped to make the door I want... if I can find the right hardware and explain to my builder what I want done. Unfortunately, I can't say that I ever paid attention to the hardware when I was 5 years old so I'm kind of at a loss! ;-)

Comments (3)