SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Hiding the microwave & Looking for cjc123 and mnerg???

flynnnj
12 years ago

I need help planning an appliance garage to hide a small microwave and Tassimo coffee maker. I only use each item 1-2 times/day and really don't want to see them when they're not in use. I want to put them under glass front doors.

You mentioned a tilt-up door on another thread. How would I do that? Do I order a 36" wide door and find the right hinges and glides and do it myself? Would a 36" wide door (by 18" high) be too bulky? Should I split it into 2 doors?

I asked my kitchen designer if my cabinets from Jim Bishop could do this. They only offer a flip-up door which ends up blocking the glass-front cabinets that are directly above the appl. garage. Besides being concerned about the door bumping into and covering the glass I won't be able to get to dishes or coffee cups.

I guess I could be SUPER organized and remember to take out the dishes or coffee cups first but that seems like way too much thinking in the morning and especially when there's company. Needing an extra dish or coffee cup could turn into a real hassle and end up complicating simple every day tasks.

I had no idea that wanting to hide these 2 appliances would be such a challenge. I need any and all suggestions at this point. I hope there is a way I can hide them...that's practical and affordable. HELP!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (14)