SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginagordon_gw

Kitchen Refresh BM-Gray Owl painted cabinets bad idea?

ginagordon_gw
11 years ago

Hi All -

I have been reading and learning so much from all of you that I was hoping you would give me some thoughts on a Kitchen Refresh I am kicking around.

Goals: Lighten up the space, replace leaking fixtures, update cost effective materials such as backsplash, light fixtures, door / drawer hardware. Keep appliances (except DW), keep dakota mahogany granite counters (not my favorite but looking to make it work). Need refresh to last 7-10 years until I can pull it all out and really do what I want.

Background: House is a 10 year old farmhouse cape on 6.5 acres in New England. Entire living area is open. House has a very casual relaxed feel which I love. I would say my style is casual traditional with a little glam thrown in for things like light fixtures. It is important to me that the space is in keeping of the house, the property setting, I don't want people to see the kitchen from the front door and say, "huh, that's interesting!"

Thoughts:
1. Paint existing Cabinets a very light neutral gray, so far BM gray owl is in the lead to pick up the larger gray stone "jewels" the counter has in it.
2. Replace sink, leaking faucet, and broken dishwasher.
3.Replace hardware with mixture of bright chrome pulls and glass/crome knobs.
4. Replace backsplash with a Carrara basket weave gray dot mosaic tile
5. Add new lighting above window (this is a task heavy area and current lighting casts many shadows)
6. New lighting above dining table - seriously considering having 2 chandeliers instead of just one. Existing table is being replaced with a longer farmhouse table.
7. Painting wood trim and doors, not the beams - a shade of white.

Comments (15)